Thank you for your interest in our zines. Our guidelines are as follows:
If you have any questions about our editing policy, or just want to discuss a story idea, please contact us at MoonGlowZines@aol.com.
- We intend to publish the best stories we can find. In order to accomplish that, we EDIT, which means paying attention to: concept, flow, logic, motivation, tone, characterization, point of view, grammar, and line edits. We feel that the investment of time and effort required to make a story the best that it can possibly be is worth it.
- We discuss required changes/edits with the author prior to acceptance, either by phone or e-mail, depending on the time frame. We're willing to work with the author to make the edits acceptable to all involved. However, there are some points that are not negotiable, and we'll make those clear while discussing the story with the author, so that the author can make an informed decision about whether they want to publish with us.
- Deadlines are concrete. If a story is not available at the time of the deadline, it will be considered for the next issue.
- The author is mailed a contributors copy of the zine upon its printing.
- After we read and edit the stories, we may give authors a subsequent deadline in which to make the changes necessary. If that deadline is not met, the story will need to be held for the next zine.